Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Just Keep Swimming

-Finding Nemo


So, today’s the day. It is now past midnight of the day that I will be leaving New Zealand to truly begin my Disney journey. And how do I feel?

Well, weird.

At the moment I mostly feel frustrated because I haven’t managed to get everything done I wanted to. Primarily this comes down to my own stupidity: I forgot that Tuesday was a public holiday along with Monday and thus forgot to transfer money from my BNZ account to my Kiwibank account, which I have a visa card with. So... I haven’t actually purchased my insurance yet.

Oops.

I should be okay. I will go and withdraw the difference I need (Just over $200) and go to Kiwibank in the morning. I should be able to get the insurance online immediately. I find it really stupid that banks don’t do transfers between themselves on non business days. Weekends I can understand, but public holidays are a bit of a pain.

Another slightly worrying issue is that my international student ID card was meant to be sent to me from STA. I got a letter from them that matched the date... but no ID Card. There is a note in my travel itinerary that says I have to show it when checking in and STA was closed until today as well so I couldn’t call and confirm they still had it. Hopefully no problems there.

As for the everything else? Have chilled out with the family, drank oodles of L+P and had lots of relaxing bubble baths.

I can’t seem to feel excited. I’m just too stressed out with things at the moment. It doesn’t help that I am going to be losing my phone when I say goodbye to my parents tomorrow (My mum is inheriting my old iPhone – I will be getting a iPhone 4s as soon as I can once I get to Orlando) and its pretty much how I stay in touch with people. Well, that is its purpose and all, but still. I’m kind of scared about it.

As for packing... its not been space that’s been the problem at this point. There is still space in my bag... I am more concerned about the weight. Probably borderline under 23kgs.

Anyway, I’ll try post after I get my insurance tomorrow. Might be a rush – flight to Auckland is at 11am, bank opens at 9am. Bleh.


Here, have this random picture from my goodbye party! Hope it amuses you.

See ya real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment