Wednesday, 4 January 2012

But this time Daddy isn't here to save you


- The Lion King

The sun has risen on D-Day. Or Diz-Day. I don't know which to use. Either way THE DAY HAS COME. Will everything go smoothly... er.... well... you better read and find out. 

So, everything in the morning has worked out! Was woken up at ten to 7 by my sister calling me. She really wanted to say goodbye to me, even though she was at her camp up in Waikanae so I ended up driving up there (it takes about forty minutes each way) just to give her a hug. And here it was! 

She looks so happy to see me... right?
 
My mum came with me instead of going into work, which was nice. I managed to get into the bank as soon as it opened and thus I am now insured with 1cover! Success!

After that was done, I spent the next 25 minutes running around like a headless chicken, finding all my laundry and cables. It’s so easy to forget stuff! As far as I can figure so far I haven’t forgotten anything that I remotely need. I guess that’s a good start? I was meant to leave my cellphone in Wellington with said mother and father but it accidentally ended up in my handbag. I realized just as I sat down in my seat and I wasn’t in time to run off the plane and get it to them. Ooops. Its okay, I will post it down in a couple of hours. I’m kind of happier with it anyway – it meant that I could get a message from Situa with her number so we’re gonna meet up when she gets here.

Oh yeah, check in isn’t even open yet. So I’m sitting in the food court upstairs waiting for it to open with my entire life in 30kg or less (including my carry on) Actually, its more like 35kgs – My big bag is 22.85 kg (under the limit of 23kg... just) My carry on is like... 8kg (over the 7kg limit but they usually don’t care) and my hand bag is probably 3kg. I could have probably left some clothes at home, but too late now in any case. I will post my list of things that I have bought later . 



I’m wearing my ICP shirt! I still would have preferred my design, but it looks better than I thought it would and I feel special now I can finally wear it. I decided to wear my jeans, since they’re one of my heavier peices of clothing. I also have my Minnie scarf from my borders secret santa! I love it, whoever you are! (Seriously, no clue. Galarah found out I was hers (WTF!) but I left before that was all digressed. 



Man, weird to think that Borders will be closing on Sunday.

I don’t think my parents could tell I was close to crying when I left Wellington. There were two moments I really did come close (big deal for me... I am not usually emotional about leaving). The first was right after I got my last hug and was about to go through security, knowing I wouldn’t get one for a loooooooong time. I need to get a boyfriend (or boy toy? :P) as a replacement! Nah kidding. But that was averted pretty quickly by having to go through security. The other time was just after we were taking off (in the super awesome All Blacks A320!!!!! It was awesome. And super) and I was flicking through the in flight magazine and I came across this ad for public trust (they do wills and stuff) and there was this picture of an old person hugging their daughter and its said ‘They grow up so fast). I nearly started balling my eyes out. Again, didn’t. But there was definitely watery eyes going on. It would have been pretty embarrassing – the couple next to me did not speak English and kept giving me odd looks as it was.

I don’t think that this will be posted until possibly Orlando. The internet isn’t free here (9.95 for 45 minutes, 19.95 for four hours) and I am a cheapass. If I didn’t have the iPhone I might of considered it, but as it is... I can check the important stuff.

I hadn’t really been keeping track lately, but the exchange rate has gone up! Good news for me, although it is nothing like it was back in June!

1:49 pm
HOLY FUCK
I just checked the website... it says my flight is cancelled.
HOLY FUCK

To be continued....

....


....


....


....


....


....


Did you really think I would do that to you? Not about the cancelled thing – that actually happened but considering I am sitting in the Delta terminal at LAX you can probably figure out that everything has worked out okay. My quote today is to do with the fact that usually my dad would deal with all that crap, but of course I was on my own. It wasn't too hard or anything, I was just a little anxious! 

This day has been so magical it’s had more hours than normal. 45 in fact. It’s like magic! Pretty ready for sleep... not that I will get much on the plane. 

I’ll tell you more about what happened tomorrow! WHEN I’M IN ORLANDO =D
Wooo!!


1 comment:

  1. Well I confess, I almost was bawling too. Got the pep talk from PG as well (as you know he does enjoy a good pontification).

    I think you mean divulged not digressed. What did you get an education for I ask myself. Face it, though, malapropisms abound in our family - we are too fond of long words without knowing exactly what they mean!!!

    http://sentence.yourdictionary.com/divulge
    *snicker*

    you know who I am....

    ReplyDelete